Monday, January 11, 2010

Another Birthday Bash at the Copper Corral






We've had an eventful weekend with celebrating two birthdays two days apart. Here are some of the pictures from the party. B wanted a Winnie the Pooh cake and I obliged her request this year. It is the first time that the two girls have had separate birthday parties and separate cakes. I think B thought it was really cool to be able to have whatever she wanted on her cake.

If anyone is interested in knowing my secret to doing these kind of cakes it is the use of a stencil. I make my own stencils from old coloring books. The key is to try to pick a character or picture that has a rather simple outline. You then just need to cut it out and use a toothpick to trace the outline into the cake. Once you do that it is just a matter of "coloring" your picture with the right color of frosting.

The cake was extra moist this time and we are still enjoying the left-overs. Happy B-day, B! May God bless you in the new year.

3 comments:

  1. Good job on the cake! I thought it was store-bought until I read your post. You could do that professionally...if it tastes as good as it looks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Tom! I've thought about doing it professionally, but it takes soooo long, that I'd never make any money at it. And besides, when do I have the time? I can hardly play catch-up on the laundry and dishes as it is. Thanks for the compliment, though. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cakes Michelle! Yes, that must take forever. Nice to have an artistic outlet that the kids and everyone else enjoy so much. Great job.

    God bless,
    Adele

    ReplyDelete