Friday, August 27, 2010

First Day of School 2010



School officially started back up at the Copper Corral on August 16th. Though we have four of the kids in school this year (grades 5, 3, 1, and Pre-K), I only have desks for the oldest three. B does most of her work at a table or the kitchen table. (I'll be posting picture of her pre-school activities soon).

I have tried to get a little more organized this school year with a schedule, individualized lesson plans for M and T, and a list of books to be read aloud. We've been able to stick to our schedule pretty well. I pray that we will be able to keep going despite the inevitable set backs and interruption that will be headed our way.
Just this week I had two unexpected meetings that took the majority of my time on Wednesday and little school work was able to get done. However, because I was more organized we were able to plan ahead and do most of Wednesday's work on Tuesday and Thursday. Surprisingly, we've even been able to attend daily Mass Tuesday through Friday. I always had a rough schedule in my head over the past few years of doing school, but the written one for all to see has really helped the kids to know what to expect and when to expect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment