Saturday, March 5, 2011

T's Birthday party


I printed out a coloring page off the Internet and cut it out to make this stencil for T's birthday cake. Just like other character cakes, I placed the stencil on the cake and then "traced" the silhouette out with a tooth pick. I colored the stencil just so I could see the frosting colors I needed. This ended up being the most colorful cake I've ever made. By that I mean the largest number and variety of colors. The colors included blue, red, yellow, green, white, black, peach, and brown.
I have to admit that I cheated a little and bought the black frosting. I've never made black before and for as little as I needed, I thought it was safer to just go with the store's brand which I knew would look right. I've never outlined any of my character cakes before in black. After doing this one, I think I will make sure to outline all of my future cakes in black. It really made the character stand out and look more like the real thing.


Since T had such a big party last year, we had a much smaller one this year. I think he still enjoyed himself, but with minimal work on my part. Ma and Pa came over and so did two of T's friends. They all enjoyed the pizza, cake, and ice cream for dinner. I think the highlight of the evening for T was playing Mario and other video games with his friends for about two hours. He is never allowed to play video games for more than 25 minutes per day. I think he also enjoyed having his friends over to spend the night. Happy 9th Birthday, T!

No comments:

Post a Comment