Tuesday, May 17, 2011

C's First Holy Communion


T used his Mass Kit and pretended to celebrate Mass on Saturday, so that C could practice for her First Holy Communion on Sunday. Grammy and Paw-Paw also attended and joined in singing and role playing. I think it helped C to better prepare for the big day.

C and the two boys who also received their First Holy Communion. Don't they look so cute and excited. This was right before Mass began.

Just after Mass, C poses with Jesus in the tabernacle and in her heart. She was so happy! My mom captured a rare picture of all of us after Mass, and surprisingly, everyone is looking at the camera.

This is the cake on which I used fondant and gum paste to create stalks of wheat and three-dimensional grapes. I was very blessed to have found a chalice cake topper that fit very well and was inexpensive. It made the cake look so much better.

This is the chocolate cake that C helped to decorate with real roses she cut from our rose bush. This chocolate cake was the first to go. It was made with the King Aurthur Flour chocolate cake mix a friend gave me. It was, by far, the best cake I've ever made. I was told this my nearly everyone in attendance who devoured it. I also made some cupcakes for the little kids to enjoy. I found the "host" idea on http://www.catholicicing.blogspot.com/; it uses the end of a large marshmallow. Her blog has the directions, though she used the idea on cookies.

We were so blessed to have family and "church family" celebrate with us on this special day. Some of our special guests included two of the priests we see most often, Fr. M and Fr. J. C was so happy they both were able to stop by and visit for awhile. It made the day even more special. Fr. M was even able to bless many of C's First Holy Communion gifts after playing a friendly game or two of euchre.

No comments:

Post a Comment