Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My Baby Turns Eleven!



At the end of May, our M turned 11 yrs. old. Wow, how time flies. I can't believe she is that old already. She is looking more and more grown up all the time. She decide on a much simpler cake this year, and frankly I was glad. This was one of the easiest and quickest cakes I've ever done. Wouldn't you know it, E found a way of getting into it and messing it up. I would have been really upset if I had spent much time on it. I had just enough frosting left over to repair the damage he did to the top edge, right before the guests arrived.




The day I started making this cake, I found out I have gestational diabetes. I was very glad that it only took me 45 minutes to frost it, instead of the usual 2-3 hours I've spent doing other more difficult cakes. The temptation to eat some of that frosting was overwhelming, but I never took a bite. ( This baby will never know how much I sacrificed for him!)




M was very pleased with the end result and was extremely excited about her b-day party. She helped me to make the Hello Kitty streamers, wall banners, and window clings. This was also one of the least expensive parties, because we were able to use dark and light pink plates and napkins as our theme colors which were left over from C's First Communion party. Recycle and reuse; isn't that the motto of large families on a tight budget?

No comments:

Post a Comment