Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Girls!!!











It is hard to believe that my middle girls are another year older. Their Birthdays are only two days apart, so they have been sharing a Birthday party. This year they chose a Littlest Pet Shop themed cake. They were surprised when I showed them the cake. Their favorite part was choosing out the little figurines and putting them on the cake. The older daughter turned five today, so she got to pick out five figures. The younger daughter is turning three on Saturday. So, she got to pick out three animals to place on the cake. I think it turned out pretty well for only taking about 20 minutes to decorate.
The last two pictures are of our baby in a really fancy dress-up dress. I think this was the dress my oldest daughter wore in my sister-in-laws wedding about five years ago. The baby was so proud of herself and kept running around the kitchen with her hands in the air squealing with delight. Now before you get all worried that I am ruining a perfectly good dress, let me assure you that this dress has had its fair share of wear! The stains down the front can attest to that, and no matter how hard I tried they just won't come out. So, I figured instead of throwing it out, why not let the kids use it for a dress-up dress? It has become a favorite at our house. As my oldest daughter likes to say, "Recycle, reuse, reduce!" Sounds a little like a tree-hugger to me, but it makes sense and it saves cents!

No comments:

Post a Comment