Monday, May 4, 2009

A Friend's Baptism












Baptisms are such happy occasions in the Catholic Church. Not only are we rejoicing at the birth of another child into a human family, but also that the family of God is being expanded. We were blessed to attend some friends of ours daughter's baptism this weekend. It was wonderful.

They named her Gianna Maria Fiona. She was only six days old. I wish I was able to have my babies baptized so quickly! I don't know how she does it! She is one of those spiritual wonder women that I admire so much. It really is a rare occasion anymore to see a child so young being made pure and clean and free from original sin by the waters of baptism.











The reverence and holiness of the priests present only added to the solemn occasion. Good and holy priests are always inspiring to be around. When I see men living out their vocation so profoundly, it makes me want to strive to be holy, as well. Thank God for the priesthood!














No comments:

Post a Comment