Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Breakfast with Santa, Christmas Cookies, and Snow











Even though it is still mid-Advent, it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
We attended the pancake breakfast with Santa at our new parish. The kids were thrilled that this fell on the feast of St. Nicholas, Dec. 6 th. They each told him what they would like for Christmas and then told him, "Happy Feast Day!" At first he looked a little puzzled, then when I told him it was the feast of St. Nicholas, he quickly said, "Thank you!"

After breakfast, I took the baby and went to a Christmas cookie exchange. There were lots of beautiful cookies and some fun games, too. This is the one event that the kids always want me to attend because of all the delicious treats I bring back.

Then, to put the finishing touch on our seasonal festivities, it snowed yesterday. The kids were thrilled out of their minds! They were ecstatic when I announced that we would delay school for an hour so they could play outside before the snow all melted. It is times like these that my kids are always grateful they are home schooled! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment