Wednesday, May 5, 2010

First Communion



The blessed day of T's First Holy Communion was April 25th at the 10:30 am Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. It was lovely. Father gave an inspiring homily about Maria Goretti. The liturgy was orthodox. The music was excellent. But best of all, we were surrounded by our Church Family and friends who all were there to bare witness to T receiving Jesus for the first time in the Holy Eucharist. T was beaming with joy. After kneeling down and praying a short while, he began to cry. He was so happy. You can tell in some of the pictures that he had been crying. It was so moving to see that all our preparations and study about Jesus in the Eucharist had made such a difference. The reality of God becoming man, dying on the cross for our sins, and being willing to feed our very souls, hit T's heart like a ton of bricks.
The next day, on Monday, T and I went alone to Mass while my mom and sister watched the other kids. It was just the two of us. I did this with M, too. It is sort of a tradition in our family. My mother did it for me and my sister. To this day, my sister remembers that "alone" time with Jesus and Mom at Mass. I could tell T felt the same way. The rest of the week we attended either Mass or a communion service with the rest of the kids. When I told him on Saturday that we couldn't go to Mass, T was heart broken. I told him he'd have to wait until Sunday morning. I thought he was going to cry. It is really moving to see how much he appreciates receiving Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament. Who knows, maybe God is calling him to be a priest. Only time will tell if that dream he had was more than just a dream, but rather a calling.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely pictures Michelle. I'm sure it was a wonderful day. Sorry we missed it! Lovely cakes too, as usual.

    God bless,
    Adele and family.

    ReplyDelete