Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Morning Celebrations









Bright and early (before 6am!), I heard the older five kids getting into their Easter baskets. They were all so delighted with what the "Easter Bunny" had brought them. I laid there in bed listening to them shouting things like, "Wow, look what I got!", "A Holy Heroes T-shirt!!!", "Cool, a chocolate bunny!", and "Look at all those jelly beans!".


I couldn't stand it any longer. I knew I had to get up and share in their Easter joy (as well as, be the candy police!). The song, "Arise, Come Sing in the Morning!" kept running through my head anyway. I knew there was no way I'd be going back to sleep. So I made my way to the kitchen, saw what they were getting into, and proceeded to make pancakes and sausage for breakfast. After all, it was Easter. Why not make this morning even more special with a large breakfast?


The kids dressed up with their baskets before heading off to Easter Sunday Mass. E had already lost his tie at this point.


Our usual Easter pictures of each of the kids in front of a bush at Church. Hubby and I had M take a picture of us together because it was also our 12th wedding anniversary that day. (Wow, who would have thought that 12 years into our marriage we'd have six beautiful children and one on the way?)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary to both of you! Isn't it amazing how time flies?! God bless your lovely family and we wish you seven more!
    Adele and family

    ReplyDelete