Sunday, April 17, 2011

I'm Stuck in the Mud!



R has been getting into situations that defy logic and belief since she was about 18 months old. She is definitely the most miscievous child, to date (though E is starting to catch up to her). R's most recent incident was getting stuck in the middle of the garden.


Dear hubby had just tilled the garden in expectations of planting. Shortly after finishing, it rained rather steadily. When the rain subsided, it was high time that the kids go outside and burn off some energy. R took this as an invitation to explore the mud pit that would normally be the garden.


Five to ten minutes after going outside, I heard a blood curdling scream of "I'm stuck!" T came running to get me and disclosed the facts of the situation. Sure enough, I went to check the validity of these outrageous claims of R being stuck knee deep in the middle of the garden.


To my horror, she was truly stuck in the middle. I reluctantly rolled up my pant legs, waded in the calf deep mud, and attempted to free R. As I pulled her up, her boots were left behind. The suction was so great that I nearly fell over into the mud, myself, trying to free them. When I did manage to get them unstuck, the outside and inside were caked with an inch thick layer of mud. Her socks were beyond saving. I guess I need to add this little incident to the LONG list of mischievous anecdotes in her baby book.

(These photos were taken my M as she and the other kids watched and laughed. I didn't think it was so funny!)

No comments:

Post a Comment