Monday, March 9, 2009

Aunt Susan's Visit







Aunt Susan arrived safely back in the U.S. after visiting India for two weeks. Shortly after coming home, she came to visit us and show us her pictures from her trip. The kids were really impressed with the Taj Mahal, but even more excited when Aunt Susan told them she brought back gifts. A small hand carved vase, a wooden elephant, and an Indian flag were great gifts, but the best were the pieces of fabric. The kids have spent hours wrapping themselves up and saying they are wearing sari's or that they are a king or queen. Of course, the blue fabric has been used to portray the Blessed Mother, as well. Our little toddler fell in love with the bright green fabric. These pictures are of them dressing up just before going to bed, so if you see pajamas peaking through you know why.


Aunt Susan also attended our First Friday activities while she was here. We didn't have a very big crowd this month, but the kids seemed to enjoy themselves. They talked about St. Patrick, made a shamrock that represented the Holy Trinity, created paper flutes, and then watched a short play about St. Patrick. We were able to attend First Friday Mass with Aunt Susan and the kids behaved very well with the help of another adult. It is amazing what an extra pair of hands can do. I am so glad that Aunt Susan was able to visit.


It was a little selfish of me, but I took the opportunity Saturday night to go out with my sister to eat and do some shopping. While we were out, I got my hair cut, found some maternity clothes for the summer months, and picked up some shirts for Dear Hubby. All in all, a very good night. We got a lot accomplished in a very short time. I love it when my sister comes to town. She's my favorite sister...oh, that's right, she is my only sister! Love you Susan!

No comments:

Post a Comment