Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Monday of Our Northern Vacation

Monday was filled with only a few activities since it was colder. My parents and I left the kids home with Uncle Eric while we attended the 7:15 am Mass. The first picture is of St. John the Baptist Catholic Church (where we attended Mass). I used to attend Mass there in grade school. It looks totally different now than it did when I was a kid. The new alter and renovated sanctuary have been a vast improvement. The church used to scream of the 1970's and now it has been restored and returned to a very reverant appearance thanks to the most recent pastor.
After lunch, the ferrier came to trim the hooves of my parents' horses. Our oldest daughter was asked to help trim the gentler horses' hooves. She was rather impressed with herself. Of course, she said it was harder than it looks. Mr. Jessy Zink, the ferrier, was really great at explaining to the kids what he was doing and how to be safe around the horses. It was a great learning experience for the kids. I appreciate his patience with all our questions. Thanks, Mr. Zink!

No comments:

Post a Comment