Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tuesday of Our Northern Trip








Tuesday, my parents and I were able to go to Mass again in the morning. Later in the day we tackled the yard work. A few months ago an ice storm just about decimated my parents' trees. Limbs and sticks are everywhere. My oldest brother has helped them to cut some of it and put them into piles.
The kids enjoyed the tractor rides inbetween picking up piles of sticks. We worked for over three hours and are only about half way done.
After dinner, we went to a roller skating rink. It was the first time some of the kids have rollerskated. Uncle Eric, Aunt Susan, and Grammy joined us. Things were going rather well, until I was helping our three year old daughter to rollerskate. She insisted that we try the wooden floor rink and not just the carpeted area. As I was helping her she started to fall. To keep her head from hitting the wall, I grabbed her under the arms, but she fell backward onto me. I lost my balance and landed right on my tailbone. I couldn't move for quite some time. When I finally got up, I knew something just wasn't right. By that evening I was in excruciating pain. In the morning, I went to a chiropractor and she thinks that I may have broken my tailbone. Not quite what I had planned when I decided to take the kids to go rollerskating!

The rest of our vacation plans, which was supposed to include three more museums and a lot more horse back riding, are now on hold. Hopefully I'll be feeling well enough to go to the Children's Museum in Indianapolis on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment