Monday, October 12, 2009

Elias's Baptism










This Sunday Elias was baptized. Some of our family and friends were there to witness this blessed event. My brother and his very pregnant wife were Elias's godparents. I am so greatful that they were able to make it, even though their baby is due in just a few short weeks.

It was a very beautiful day for little Elias to be brought into the family of God. One of the most memorable things about having a baby baptized is the wonderful smell of the chrism oil. I couldn't help but breath a joyful sigh everytime I got a waft of it. To know that the Holy Spirit dwells so close to you in this newly baptized Christian is so mysterious. I only wish I had more time to meditate and dwell upon such awesome realities.

I am so greatful to the priest who baptized little Elias. After the ceremony he made it a point to tell us that he will be praying for Elias and for us, that we would be good and holy parents. That meant a lot to me. I can use all the extra prayers I can get, especially those of a good and holy priest.

No comments:

Post a Comment