Monday, October 26, 2009

Trick or Treating at The Nursing Home










The kids enjoyed trick-or-treating today at the Little Sisters of the Poor Nursing home. Our homeschool group has been going there for an early and safe trick-or-treating experience for many years now. My kids have come to look forward to this wonderful experience. The residence seem to really enjoy seeing all the kids dressed up in their costumes. Today was also little Elias's first time dressing up. I was at a loss for what to put on him. I've never had a baby this small for Halloween before. I finally just decided to throw something together. All I could come up with at the last minute was a Winnie the Pooh costume. It was rather homely looking, but I think it did the job. It was the shirt off of a stuffed toy Winnie the Pooh, a yellow sleeper turned around backwards, and a pair of yellow pants rolled to look like a hat with ears. Not bad for a free, home-made costume.










This was such a good way to let the kids celebrate and have fun dressing up. The residence seemed to have just as much fun watching the kids and listening to them say "twick an tweet" and a funny little "fank you". Of course that dialogue mostly came out of our little kitty cat's mouth. The others have learned to pronounce their words properly. At any rate,
I was very glad that the kids were so polite and appreciative of what they received. They even went back and told many of the residence thanks again. It made me very proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment