Thursday, January 20, 2011

Flower Girl Dresses


Here is the beautiful bride, my sister Susan, my mother, the seamstress, and the girls with their cousin Anne.



This first dress is one of the three identical flower girl dresses that my mother made for the older three girls to wear in Aunt Susan's wedding back in August. It doesn't look white in some of the pictures, but they are snow white with a gorgeous separate sparkly overlay sewn on top of the heavy satin. The back of the skirt has a matching, but less detailed overlay. She made them with a sweetheart neckline and added a cute cap sleeve. They are immaculately made and I've been meaning to post pictures of these gorgeous dresses for a long time. The girls made the comment that they felt like princesses in these dresses. Another said it was the best day of her life. When I asked her why, she said because "I felt so pretty!". I thought that was cute.

This one is a little different than the first three that the older girls wore. It is still made of the heavy white satin, but this time with a different lacy overlay that didn't have sparkles. My mom added the red belt and pre-tied bow to coordinate with the bridesmaid dresses. R wore this, but she wasn't technically in the wedding, just looked like she matched the rest of us and her cousin Annie. Here is the resulting family picture with all the girls dressed up while all the guys are in there tuxes with tails. Just goes to show that we can clean up! LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment