Monday, August 8, 2011

First Few Days at Home









There are few things that I treasure more than the first few days spent bonding with a new baby. Everyone of my babies and everyone of their births has been different and it is good to step back and reflect on those unique qualities and experiences. Taking those first post-partum days to be grateful for this new life is so crucial to my own spiritual life. During those hours of resting on the couch or laying in bed cuddling, holding, and staring at my newborn son or daughter has helped me to appreciate the tiny little miracles that God has entrusted to my care. Being entrusted with the care of another human soul can be overwhelming at times. This time is sort of my mini retreat in which I try to be still and know that He is God and that I need to put all my trust in Him. It is in the whispering of the wind and the smallest of things that we encounter God in the quiet depths of our souls.


Amidst that quiet retreat we've had some visitors at the house to welcome our newest blessing. Here are a few of those precious people.


No comments:

Post a Comment