Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Prayers to Padre Pio...


This is probably not going to come as a shock to many, but I've been praying to St. Padre Pio that he intercede for us. My secret desire (or probably not so secret), and that of our only son, is to have another boy.
The Catholic book club I belong to at our neighboring parish just read about St. Padre Pio earlier this month. Reading about his fascinating life and then watching two movies about him, makes me love him and admire him even more. What an amazing Saint, and within our own century! I started to feel that I should pray for his intercession on this matter. I started praying toward the beginning of December for the intention that my husband would be willing to have another child. I tried desperately not to pressure my husband and resolved that I would not say another word about the subject until he brought it up.
Suddenly, while driving to our relatives house about a week ago my husband announced that he was willing to try. I didn't even know what he meant at first, but then he explained that our son had spoken to him earlier that morning about wanting to have a little brother and being sick of all the girls around. I guess that was the little whisper (or should I say whimper) that my dear husband needed to hear in order to have a change of heart. I believe it was St. Padre Pio's intercession that also touched my husband's heart. It had been about nine days since I started my prayers for the intention of his heart to change.
Now I need to be praying that we have a boy, so my son will have a brother. The prayers of children are very powerful, that is why I am going to have my children pray for this intention as well. If you would, please, join your prayers with ours that through St. Padre Pio's intercession we will have a little boy this time next year. Thank you and God bless you for your generosity in praying for our intentions. God's Will be done, not mine, though. Like I told my son, if it is God's Will that you only have sisters, he knows what you NEED far better than I.
ST. PADRE PIO, PRAY FOR US!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, im dying to know if you had your precious baby boy? Lila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lila,
    God blessed us with a baby boy on September 17th of 2009 (that was just 5 days shy of St. Padre Pio's feast day!). We have since been blessed with another precious baby boy, on August 3rd of 20011! We have been so blessed, and I am so grateful to St. Padre Pio for answering our prayers. I am not sure if we are "done" or not, but I will always leave that up to God. "Pray, Hope, and Don't worry!" ~St. Padre Pio~

    ReplyDelete