Monday, December 1, 2008

So Thankful for Thanksgiving Break:







My immediate family came to visit for Thanksgiving this year. All together we had my parents, my sister and her fiance, my oldest brother, my other brother and his wife, and their two kids. That made a grand total of 9 adults and 7 kids. Compared to some large families that's nothing. It felt like a lot more than that at times.
We had a wonderful buffet style Thanksgiving. It was so nice to attend Mass together and then have a nice relaxing lunch that everyone helped to make. I was really impressed with how much everyone helped out with the meal prep this year. It made for a really enjoyable time. Just like all large families, we had a kids' table and a grown-up table. The first picture is of my four oldest and their cousin (my brother's daughter). The second picture is of my sister-in-law, my Dad, my Mom, and my sister around some of the food.
After our lovely meal, my brother and I went for a walk with all of the kids, except my son. There is a cemetery about a 1/4 away. The kids like to walk there and then pray for the poor souls who might still be in purgatory (It is a protestant cemetery). The last picture is of my youngest who ran into a grave stone and scraped up her nose and eye brow. It sort of looks like she just had plastic surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment