Sunday, February 15, 2009

BIG NEWS!!!!


Two pieces of big news today.

The first is the addition of a 100 year old piano. A wonderful Catholic friend was looking to get rid of his piano and after a little prayer and thought we came to mind. I am very grateful. We've been looking into getting a piano, but even used ones are very expensive. Piano's aren't as easy to bargain hunt for as clothes or food.

I could not neglect to also thank my dear husband and a friend of ours from church. They literally pick-up the piano in Illinois after a men's retreat and drove it home late last night. Today the piano made its final journey into our school room with the help of a few guys from church. I am sure it will have many hours of use. Thank you Larry, Reid, James, Dub, and Dear Hubby! The kids will hopefully be learning more than just banging on the piano very soon. I am almost sick of the banging already!

Now for the second addition...

WE ARE EXPECTING BABY #6 IN SEPTEMBER!

After Mass this morning, we took the kids to a local restaurant to tell them the good news and celebrate. They were all very happy, when they realized what we meant. Dear hubby told them, "You have a new brother or sister". Only our oldest understood what he meant. I had to add, "I am pregnant and in September we'll be able to meet the new baby." My son's jaw dropped when he finally understood and he was ecstatic! He has been very diligent about praying for a little brother for a long time now.
We had to remind them that God knows if we need another boy or a girl. God will give us what we need, but not always what we want. My oldest daughter quickly stated, "We'll love the baby whether it is a boy or a girl!" Of course my son agreed, but you could tell he is still praying for a brother.


The pregnancy has been going well so far, but I am a lot more nauseous and tired with this pregnancy than most. (I guess I am getting old!) That seems to be fueling my husband's hopes that it is a boy. I am just hoping that it is not twins. I don't think I could handle twins with five older kids already. We should be able to find out the sex of the baby sometime in late April around our 10th wedding anniversary. When we know, you'll know. I would appreciate your prayers for a safe and healthy pregnancy. Thanks and God bless you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment