Saturday, February 14, 2009

Busy Week, Again

The past week has been busy like always. Last Saturday, Dear Hubby and I went to see Father Benedict Groeschel in the big city near us. He had so many good things to say. He is always so insightful. He spoke mostly about Pope Benedict XVI and his teachings. We are very blessed to have such a holy and intelligent pope, as well as, a good and holy priest in Father Benedict Groeschel. I think what also made the day so great was that we were able to have lunch with another couple we know at the conference. It is so important for older couples to mentor us younger, still struggling couples.


To add to an even busier day, we had friends over to play and have dinner. The kids were so wound up, but I think wore themselves out sufficiently because they went to bed and never said a peep.


Sunday was no different. We started teaching a new class series for NFP and were busy discussing things with the newly engaged couples for 3 hours. As soon as we got home, dear hubby took the older two to a basketball game while I took a much needed rest.


Monday was busy with school work. Tuesday we had school, voice lessons for the oldest, and then we did a service project at the local nursing home. The best part of the day was making the Valentines Day cards and chocolate covered pretzels with the residents. I think we really made their day. Wednesday was filled with school work, Mass, and chores. Laundry was threatening to take over, but I think we've won that battle for the moment. Thursday, thank goodness was a little of a break for me. I left the kids with Dear Hubby while I got groceries that night. Friday we had a marathon day. We attended Mass, did school work, went to the Catholic book club, and then went for a play date after that. By the end of it, I was ready to throw in the towel and I buckled under the pressure and bought pizza for dinner to feed the remainder of the family. (Dear hubby is on retreat for the weekend and our oldest is at a sleep over.)

Today, thank goodness doesn't seem to be too terribly busy... so far. I am excited to see Dear Hubby, of course to see him, but also because he is bringing home a piano with him! Our good friend from IL. is giving us a piano for the kids to use. Since dear hubby is on retreat only an hour away from the free piano, he is making a detour on the way home to pick it up! I am hopeful that after getting it tuned, I might be able to start teaching the kids how to play! LOL! I say that as if I know how to play! LOL! I only know a very small amount, but I am hopeful that they can quickly surpass my ability to play. If nothing else, this will be a way to encourage them to do some independent study. Maybe they can teach themselves how to play.

When the piano arrives, I'll be sure to post a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment