Monday, December 27, 2010

Blessed News

God surprised us with a little present this year. Here is how we told the kids about it. We placed the following two-sided sign in a box and wrapped it up in Christmas paper. It was addressed to all the kids, but didn't say who was giving it. They opened the present in front of my family and their cousins. Here is what was written on the front:



This is what was written on the back:


The kids were amazed. M, just asked, "Are you joking? Really? Oh, my goodness!" She immediately started screaming and ran to hug both her father and I. It was very sweet. T and C came running, too. Then they, T and C, both started to cry because they were so happy. It took B and R a little while before they understood what the sign meant. The older kids had to explain to them what was happening. Once they understood, R and B came running toward us, too, and joined in the group hug. It was really a very special moment!
I think those most shocked were my mother and father who were watching this all unfold. I know they didn't expect us to have any more children, so it really took them by surprise, as well. Once the shock wore off, I think they were supportive, but it was very hard to tell.
No matter, God knows what is best for our family! If He feels that we need another baby and my children need another sibling, then so be it! When the Lord grants life, he will also provide the means necessary to sustain it. May God be ever praised for His generosity! I never imagined I would be the mother of seven little blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment