Monday, December 6, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend Up North

It has been seven years since my family has celebrated Thanksgiving at my parents' house. It was a refreshing change to be reliving my childhood memories of the family China and crystal, not to mention WARM turkey and mashed potatoes! (No offense to dear hubby's side of the family, but I just have to have my turkey warm and my potatoes on Thanksgiving!).

The table looked beautiful and the food was delicious! Everyone pitched in and helped. It was wonderful to be with family, especially my sister and her new husband, Uncle Ajesh!
We have a tradition in our family that at Thanksgiving we go around the table saying what we are thankful for over the past year. My sister and her husband went last this year, as "the grand finale" (so said M). They happily announced that they are expecting a baby in July! We were all so happy and very grateful! The look on C's face was priceless; she was speechless and covered her mouth in awe!

After the big day of eating and watching old family films, my mom, sister, sister-in-law, and I stayed up all night to go shopping on Black Friday. That was a very cold, but memorable experience. We did get some good deals, but I don't know if I'll ever do that again.

On Saturday, Aunt Susan and I took R to the mall to get her 3rd birthday present. She wanted her ears pierced and that's what we did. She picked out some really cute Hello Kitty earrings. R also got to spend some alone time with her Aunt and I. I think she'll remember that over the ear piercing pain, or at least I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment