Sunday, November 23, 2008

Guns and a Movie?


That's right! I said guns and a movie! We did a his and her's date. A movie for him, and guns for me! HA! LOL!


We went to see the movie "Fireproof". The movie is one of those typical "chick flicks", but had a Christian message about the perminance of marriage. There were some pretty intense action scenes that really appealed to the guys. I was pleasantly surprised to hear them actually talking about the difference between a contract and a covanent marriage. If you haven't seen it, go! Especially, go with your spouse! It was worth the money. We plan on buying it once it comes out on DVD, so we can share it with others who need this message.


I am sure you want to hear about the gun range! Well, since Obama has was elected, we've been talking about getting a gun. Obama's stance on the life issues, gun control, and this 'Civilian Service Force' (or whatever he calls it) makes me think more of Hitler than hope. We've been talking about getting a gun just in case. In case of what? Well, if things tank and go down hill like in the Great Depression, we'll need something that will help us be able to hunt. That is why we got a shot gun. But, because of the worries associated with protecting our family, especially our 5 children, we want to make sure we are ready for anything. So, my dear husband, wants us to buy a hand gun. I have NEVER liked guns! EVER!!! I guess it is a sign of how truly worried I am, that I am more scared of an Obama regime than I am of guns. So, we went to the gun range. We rented two different guns: a 357 and a 9 mil. semi-auto Glock. I was so scared I started shaking and couldn't even shoot at first. What was so scary, you might ask. The thought that I might have to use that gun for real someday. An image of me shooting at someone frightened me. How desperate would things have to be, if it meant I was actually using that gun to protect myself and my family? Once the fear subsided, I was able to try both guns. I think I did a little better with the semi-auto 9 mil. Glock. I was able to get 5 directly in the head of the target. The 357 was heavier and a little more intimidating to me. However, the 357 would be more reliable the gun range owner said. As he put it, "If the rhino is charging you, you want to know that the gun you are holding will work!"

No comments:

Post a Comment