Monday, September 14, 2009

Another Little Visitor at Our House










The other week we discovered that a skunk was visiting us to eat the cat's food. I thought I had out smarted him when I moved the cat's food dish to the railing of our deck. And for quite some time, it appeared that I had. However, while sitting at the kitchen table the other night, I discovered that we have a new visitor who has the ability to climb our railing and get to the cat's food.

This little opossum was rather friendly and didn't mind us coming out to look at him in the least. Now the problem is, where do I put the cat's food dish? I guess we'll have to make sure we only feed the cat what she can eat or bring the food dish in the house each night.
Oh, well, it was kind of nice to see an opossum that close up, again. My family used to have a pet opossum when I was a kid and it brought back some memories seeing this little guy. This last picture was of me with our pet opossum while we were camping. I think I was about 10 in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment