Sunday, September 20, 2009

Little Elias Michael is Born!










Introducing our newest little blessing---- ELIAS MICHAEL !

He was born Thursday, September 17 at 12:37 am. He was a little over two weeks early and still weighed in at 8 lbs. Elias measured in at 19 1/2 inches. Though, not the longest he is the heaviest.

Thank God, we had a healthy and rather uneventful labor despite my broken tailbone. It was due to God's own goodness and impecible timing. My husband was searching channels on the television to keep us busy during labor. I asked him if they had EWTN. It just so happened that the most difficult part of my labor coincided with the replaying of the daily Mass on EWTN around midnight. Thankfully, I was able to focus my attention on listening to the wonderful gospel readings and homily while I tried to breath through the most difficult contractions. As the time to give birth got closer, the nurses and doctors came in and turned the television off, but it was just after the Liturgy of the Eucharist of that retelevised Mass that Elias was born.

I repeated to myself, "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me." I kept thinking about the sacrifice that Jesus made for us nearly 2000 years ago on the cross. And continues to offer to us daily in the Holy Sacrifce of the Mass. It helped me to realize to join my sufferings to those of Christ. What I was undergoing for another person was nothing compared to what Jesus had done and continues to do for us. He hung there for three hours on that cross, being humiliated, taunted, and insulted. I was able to put my own sufferings into perspective when compared to those of Christ on the cross. As a result of God's Divine grace, this was one of the easier labors.

Enough about my inner thoughts during labor, here are a few of the photos we have taken thus far.










No comments:

Post a Comment